PVC foam board is a new type of material made of polystyrene beads containing volatile liquid blowing agent, which is heated and pre-foamed into a white object in a mold. kt board is a new type of material made of PS granules that are foamed into a core and laminated on the surface. Both are made of polystyrene, but they are actually different. So what is the difference between PVC foam board and kt board?
Polystyrene PVC foam board - also known as PVC foam board, EPS board is a white object made of expandable polystyrene beads containing a volatile liquid blowing agent, which is heated and pre-heated and molded in a mold.
Kt board is a new type of material made of chemical particles that are foamed to generate a board core and laminated by surface lamination. The main component also contains polystyrene. The common production process can be divided into cold laminate and hot laminate, the two different processes to produce products we correspondingly called (cold laminate) cold board and (hot laminate) hot board. kt board core color commonly used are white and black, in fact, there are also red, blue, yellow, green and other colors. But generally there is no domestic demand so no manufacturer will go for production. But the export kt board will have these colored kt board.
Advantages of PVC foam board
The PVC foam board itself has the advantage of having a small density, high response rate and independent bubble structure. Secondly, the surface water absorption rate is low and the anti-permeability performance is good. And acid resistance, alkali resistance, salt, oil and other organic solvent corrosion, excellent aging resistance. What is more valuable is that it does not flow at high temperature and is not brittle and cracked at low temperature.
1. Protection of the main structure of the building, extending the life of the building. As the external insulation layer is placed on the outside of the structure, it reduces the stress caused by the deformation of the structure due to temperature changes and reduces the erosion of the structure by harmful substances in the air and ultraviolet rays.
2. Effectively eliminate the "thermal bridge" in the past using internal insulation, "thermal bridge" is difficult to avoid, while the external wall insulation effectively prevent the generation of thermal bridge, to avoid condensation.
3. So that the wall tide temperature situation is improved, the general insulation needs to set up a vapor barrier, and the use of external insulation insulation material temperature permeability is much stronger than the main structure, in the wall generally does not occur inside the condensation phenomenon, the structure of the entire wall temperature has increased to further enhance the thermal insulation performance of the wall.
4. Conducive to room temperature to maintain stability, the use of external insulation, due to the wall heat storage capacity of the larger structural layer in the wall inside, conducive to room temperature to maintain stability.
5. Increase the use area of the house. Can avoid the destruction of the insulation layer by secondary decoration.
Advantages of Kt board
1. Blistering hot board blistering is mostly caused by short maturation period and too thin skin, cold board blistering is mostly caused by bad glue application during production or too long direct sunlight.
2. Price comparison, the price of hot board is low, mainly because of the short production period, less material and large production volume, while the cold board is just the opposite.
3. Kt board mask on the more types, common PS surface, paper surface, adhesive-backed surface and other types.
4. Kt board are used in indoor advertising more, the general requirements of the board is to ensure that no blistering and no deformation.
PVC foam board is mainly used in building wall, roof insulation, composite board insulation, cold storage, air-conditioning, vehicle, ship insulation, floor heating, decorative carving, etc.
Kt board is mainly used in advertising industry, signage industry, and in building decoration industry, culture and art and packaging industry, printing industry, cosplay props.
What is PVC Foam Board?
PVC foam board is a light, soft and durable board. Due to its flatness, bright, smooth surface, it is an ideal choice for construction, architecture, transpotation, signage & furniture . Its main material is PVC resin powder, activated light calcium carbonate and other foaming additives. The board has a uniform closed cell structure and many properties.
According to different applications, manufacturers produce PVC board with thickness of 3-24mm thickness, 1220x2440mm(4*8ft) size, and general density 0.30-0.90g/cm3. White is the most widely used color in PVC board. There are three production technologies in PVC production industry: free method, Celuka method and co-extrusion method. Each method has its own unique physical properties and applications.
How Many Advantages and Benefits Does PVC Foam Board Have?
1. Strong and durable
PVC board is strong and durable because the structure of its component molecules.
PVC foam boards are made of non-toxic and eco-friendly thermoplastic materials which is free of lead, barium, zinc, and cadmium.
3. Flammability: self-extinguishing
PVC board could prevent fire effectively compare to plywood board.
PVC foam board is water-resistant due to its composition.
PVC doesn't react with chemicals. This keeps its color and state intact and prevent the board from deforming.
The board can not completely insulate the sound, but it can effectively stop the sound transmission.
7. Electrical insulating
PVC is an electrical insulating material, making it a ideal choice in transporation.
8. Easily formed and painted
PVC can be easily cut to any shape or painted to any color to suit your requirement.
9. Long life span
PVC doesn't react with chemicals in humid environment. So its life span is long than other board.
10. Saving cost
These boards don't require any extra maintenance when using them.
What Are PVC foam Board Used For?
1. Construction & Architecture
2. External wall panels
3. Partition boards
4. Garage doors
5. Commercial, residential, public and office buildings
The processing characteristics of PVC foam board are roughly the same as those of wood processing, except that burning due to high working temperatures can be avoided. In addition, the pieces produced after processing can be collected, recycled, and remanufactured to reduce costs. One thing to note about cutting hollow foam panels is that the center space spacing is generally designed to be 23 mm for easy assembly. If we don't pay attention to it, most of them are cut into multiple overlapping pieces at one time, resulting in different spacing; we can use the tooling to position them in the way of bolts to facilitate processing.
1. can be used in accordance with the design of the carving machine molding, and then choose the material surface to paste Menai board or baking paint, but hollow foam board needs to pay attention to such as the surface is uneven we can only by choosing a vacuum over-mold way different materials can choose 2mm PVC board.
2. Bending molding is only applicable to solid foam board, hollow foam board, and not applicable; processing technology method is to use the upper and lower mold, the surface of the wooden mold covered with aluminum and solid foam board heated to a plasticization temperature of 70 ~ 90 ℃. The use of the upper and lower mold directly out of the shape and foam board surface work will not necessarily have any development changes.
3. The surface of the PVC foam board can be baked to avoid some surface color can produce a huge change; then there are common processing methods. However, if using hollow foam, it is recommended to use a color similar to the color of the surface coating material. Avoid obvious color differences when the paper shrinks after pasting.
Technical methods of testing PVC foam board
Board side: smooth cut, small pores, no pinholes, no thick holes, no serious scattered powder, no beeholes, open fibers fall off by themselves, no pop-ups.
Board surface: smooth to the touch, inconspicuous mechanical texture, colorless surface, milky white, no stains on the surface, no obvious small pits, no pinholes, no large holes, cracks.
Density analysis algorithm: density = weight (g) / length * width * thickness (cm).
Board weight for algorithm: weight (grams) = length * width * thickness (cm) * density.
We are a PVC foam board supplier, please feel free to contact us if you need them!