What is PVC Foam Board?
PVC foam board is a light, soft and durable board. Due to its flatness, bright, smooth surface, it is an ideal choice for construction, architecture, transpotation, signage & furniture . Its main material is PVC resin powder, activated light calcium carbonate and other foaming additives. The board has a uniform closed cell structure and many properties.
According to different applications, manufacturers produce PVC board with thickness of 3-24mm thickness, 1220x2440mm(4*8ft) size, and general density 0.30-0.90g/cm3. White is the most widely used color in PVC board. There are three production technologies in PVC production industry: free method, Celuka method and co-extrusion method. Each method has its own unique physical properties and applications.
How Many Advantages and Benefits Does PVC Foam Board Have?
1. Strong and durable
PVC board is strong and durable because the structure of its component molecules.
PVC foam boards are made of non-toxic and eco-friendly thermoplastic materials which is free of lead, barium, zinc, and cadmium.
3. Flammability: self-extinguishing
PVC board could prevent fire effectively compare to plywood board.
PVC foam board is water-resistant due to its composition.
PVC doesn't react with chemicals. This keeps its color and state intact and prevent the board from deforming.
The board can not completely insulate the sound, but it can effectively stop the sound transmission.
7. Electrical insulating
PVC is an electrical insulating material, making it a ideal choice in transporation.
8. Easily formed and painted
PVC can be easily cut to any shape or painted to any color to suit your requirement.
9. Long life span
PVC doesn't react with chemicals in humid environment. So its life span is long than other board.
10. Saving cost
These boards don't require any extra maintenance when using them.
What Are PVC foam Board Used For?
1. Construction & Architecture
2. External wall panels
3. Partition boards
4. Garage doors
5. Commercial, residential, public and office buildings
The processing characteristics of PVC foam board are roughly the same as those of wood processing, except that burning due to high working temperatures can be avoided. In addition, the pieces produced after processing can be collected, recycled, and remanufactured to reduce costs. One thing to note about cutting hollow foam panels is that the center space spacing is generally designed to be 23 mm for easy assembly. If we don't pay attention to it, most of them are cut into multiple overlapping pieces at one time, resulting in different spacing; we can use the tooling to position them in the way of bolts to facilitate processing.
1. can be used in accordance with the design of the carving machine molding, and then choose the material surface to paste Menai board or baking paint, but hollow foam board needs to pay attention to such as the surface is uneven we can only by choosing a vacuum over-mold way different materials can choose 2mm PVC board.
2. Bending molding is only applicable to solid foam board, hollow foam board, and not applicable; processing technology method is to use the upper and lower mold, the surface of the wooden mold covered with aluminum and solid foam board heated to a plasticization temperature of 70 ~ 90 ℃. The use of the upper and lower mold directly out of the shape and foam board surface work will not necessarily have any development changes.
3. The surface of the PVC foam board can be baked to avoid some surface color can produce a huge change; then there are common processing methods. However, if using hollow foam, it is recommended to use a color similar to the color of the surface coating material. Avoid obvious color differences when the paper shrinks after pasting.
Technical methods of testing PVC foam board
Board side: smooth cut, small pores, no pinholes, no thick holes, no serious scattered powder, no beeholes, open fibers fall off by themselves, no pop-ups.
Board surface: smooth to the touch, inconspicuous mechanical texture, colorless surface, milky white, no stains on the surface, no obvious small pits, no pinholes, no large holes, cracks.
Density analysis algorithm: density = weight (g) / length * width * thickness (cm).
Board weight for algorithm: weight (grams) = length * width * thickness (cm) * density.
We are a PVC foam board supplier, please feel free to contact us if you need them!
The use of PVC foam board is very wide. Kitchen and bathroom furniture, car and boat partitions, bus flooring, screen printing and painting, advertising engraving, etc. will use PVC foam board. There are many popular PVC foam boards in the market. If you buy poor quality PVC foam board, then we process the finished product into a substandard product, which will bring economic losses to the enterprise. How to correctly go to buy quality PVC foam board?
Observe the surface of the foam board
1. Look at the color of the surface of the PVC foam board. If the PVC foam board surface color yellowing, or impure color with other miscellaneous colors, then the foam board in the formula must be a problem, or the production process is not. If used for advertising printing, the effect of printing out will be greatly reduced. Therefore, be sure to choose pure color, no color difference of PVC foam board.
2. observe the cross-section of the PVC foam board has no air holes. Normal PVC foam board cross-section is uniform and dense tiny voids in the honeycomb. If the cross-section of the PVC foam board has large pores, then the foaming of this foam board is certainly not uniform. This is a poor production process. It will also produce bubble holes in the inner part of the board, that is, in the middle. Then, the force of this poor quality foam board will not be uniform, it is easy to make a place deformation or fracture.
3. PVC foam board surface has more mechanical patterns. The more shallow and inconspicuous the mechanical pattern, the better the product.
The quality of PVC foam board should have no smell. If you smell a very pungent smell with your nose, it means that the board contains environmentally unfriendly substances, try not to use it.
1. Feel the surface hardness of the PVC foam board. If used for furniture production and other surface requirements are high, it should be difficult to scratch the mark with a fingernail. 3.2.
2. Carefully touch the surface of the plate. Whether it is flat. There are no fine lines.
1. Measure the thickness of the eight PVC foam sheets. Because the uneven thickness of PVC foam board will cause trouble to our secondary addition, such as the wrong size in some places. Therefore, we must measure the thickness of its eight parts is not the same, which eight parts? The four corners plus the middle part of the four sides.
2. Take the sample to fall. Easy to break is generally a high calcium product. Of course, to meet your requirements if the price is right is possible.
3. Take the sample and step on the side of the plate with your foot to see if it can be cracked. Or the elongation at break after cracking.
4. The direct way to judge the degree of weathering is to get a high temperature and high light place for a few days to see the rate of change of the surface, but too waste of time.
The above methods are only some sensory identification of the product, to facilitate our rapid identification of the market's diverse products. We are a PVC foam board supplier, please feel free to contact us if you need them!